Stress is natural , it is present in everyone's life,but the root of stress and anxiety can be different for everyone. Anxiety is a negative effect of stress that accompanies stress and if left unchecked or allowed to flourish can linger beyond what caused the stress in the first place. If we are knowledgeable about stress and how to combat it, then we are one step ahead of stress.
There are many natural remedies that can help combat stress and anxiety. These remedies are simple and often overlooked as options for treatment.
Here are some very useful stress relief tips for helping to relieve and manage everyday stress........
Exercise is often considered the ultimate stress-reliever. Exercising creates an outlet for tension that builds up. Making time for some physical activity that you enjoy is good for the mind and body.
You need not excessive 2 hours on the treadmill. The whole idea of exercise to fight stress is that you should enjoy what you are doing.You can keep it simple....a walk in the neighborhood......or playtime with your pets or family can be all you need. Another option is aerobics, which can also be done in the water. Find what works for your situation and physical condition.Exercise helps you balance your temperament, since exercise ends up distracting you from the person or the situation causing the stress.
As long as you're breathing, Aromatherapy is an option you can consider for relieving your stress. What is your favorite scent?..... The oil particles that you inhale through aromatherapy are sent to the brain via the olfactory system, where theyrelease neuro-chemicals which may be sedative, relaxing, stimulating, or even euphoric, depending on the oil. Lavender oil for instance, helps induce sleep. Consult an aromatherapist or do a search for websites that provide information on this.
HERBAL RELIEF FOR STRESS:
Herbal stress relief is becoming more and more popular method for natural stress relief. It's been used for centuries. It's not to be confused with a quick fix, as it does take time for you to see the full balancing effect. Herbal stress relief works best with meditation and focus oriented stress relievers like yoga. These herbs can be used either in the single form or in combination.
Here are some popular herbs used.....
- Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) is very useful stress adaptogenic herb. It helps the body to address a stress related condition rather than masking it with sedatives. A herb that rejuvenates the nervous system, erases insomnia and eases stress.
- Brahmi (Bacopa monniera) is an important plant in the group 'Medhya Rasayana'. it is claimed as restorative ,nervine and mental tonic. It improve grasping power and correct aberrations of emotions, mood and personality of an individual
- Vacha (Acorus calamus) have got prominent action on Central Nervous System.It Strengthens the brain, improves the memory, intellect and speech.
- Shankhapushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis) - One of the best brain tonics. It strengthens the brain, brightens the memory and intellect. It is indicated in the treatment of loss of memory and associated mental disorders.
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) - Highly aromatic plant bearing a biphasic action on Central nervous system indicating nerve stimulation and nerve sedation (sedation to spinal cord specifically).
- Mandukparni (Hydrocotyle asiatica) - It is indicated to be used in the treatment of mental retardation, speech disorders, insanity , epilepsy etc.
You can use extracts of Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Vacha, Jatamansi,Shankhapushpi, Mandukparni, Yashtimadhu, Guduchi, Amalki etc. for stress relief effectively
|Stress is a major factor that drives unhealthy eating habits and yoga is the key to reducing stress. Read more about how Yoga can De-stress you and help in weight reduction in our best seller Ebook 'Losing Weight with Ayurveda and Yoga'|
- Stress- Calculator : This tool helps you to assess whether you are experiencing burnout. Simply download the stress calculator spreadsheet and fill out the questionnaire. Your burnout score will then be calculated. Click Here to Download
After you're done, click the link below and send us an email to get a password for Unzipping your downloaded file Get Password