Some More Ayurvedic Hair Care Tips
(IV). Nutritious diet: Ayurvedic concept of way of life strongly is of the view, that healthy and nutritious food improves body of hair, so a balanced assortment of nutrients is necessary to prevent premature hair loss and early graying.
List of beneficial hair foods include white Sesame seeds, fresh Coconut, Green vegetables, whole Grains, Dates and Raisins, Dadhi (curd), Sprouted mixture of beans, Nuts and Seeds and healthy fats such as Ghee or Oil. Ayurvedic system of medicine advises to cook food with spices and aromatic herbs as they improve digestion and detoxify our body tissues. Ayurveda advocates for regular intake of Haridra (Turmeric), Maricha (Black pepper), Methi (Fenugreek), Dhania (Coriander) and Jeera (Cumin) are both flavoring and Agni (digestive fire) enhancing. Herbs like Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Hingu (Asafoetida), Bhringraja (Eclipta alba) and seasonal fruits especially citrus fruits help to improve digestion and immunity for all age groups and all Dosha types.
- (V). Sleep Sufficiently: As per Ayurvedic concepts: Sleep is as important as nutritious food for well being of human body. Improper or irregular sleeping schedule causes disturbance to our body clock. Sleep is the phase when our body repairs tissues and reorganizes systems. One should retire to bed before 10 p.m. and should finish dinner two hours prior to sleep. Light dinner with less spice followed by a glass of milk (an hour after dinner) is always found to induce good quality sleep. Lack of sufficient sleep can lead to poor health of hair.
- (VI). Stress management: Everybody faces high levels of mental and emotional stress due to fierce competition in day to day life of modern times. Living regularly in such state of stress can lead to excessive falling, premature graying, dry, dull-looking, lifeless appearance of hair. Herbal tea enriched with any one or more of Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri), Mandookparni (Centella asiatica), Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) supports natural ability to manage stress. Always spare time to rest and relax and practice relaxing yoga techniques and meditation to keep stress under control. Massaging scalp with medicated herbal oils is found to be helpful to mental relaxation and to control mood swings.
For more information on stress management read - Ayurvedic Stress Management
*Ayurvedic hair cleanserBlend together coarsely grinded Amalaki (Embilica officinalis) - 50 Gms., Shikakai (Acacia concinna) - 30 Gms. and Arishtaka (Sapindus trifoliatus) - 20 Gms and Water - 1.5 Ltrs. make a decoction by boiling contents so that the water is reduced to 1 Ltr. and keep after straining it for washing the hair, but application of oil is always advisable prior to it. This should be made fresh.This a quantity of ingredients in this formulation is for reference only; quantities should be adjusted as per one's daily requirement. Use of freshly made hair wash solution is always advisable.
This article in nutshell:
- - Shape or condition of your hair is reflection of your internal health.
- - Good quality sleep relieves stress which is one of the causes of bad hair health.
- - Following healthy food habits is always beneficial for wellbeing of hair.
- - High protein diet improves condition of hair, controls excessive falling of hair.
- - Crash dieting, hormonal imbalances, anemia and low blood circulation cause hair falling.
- - Regular milk intake, sesame seeds, almonds and dry fruits help to make hair full of life.
- - Application of Sesame oil or Coconut oil or Mustard oil is always good for healthy hair.
- - Regular shampooing with undiluted shampoos should be avoided as it will damage hair.
- - Hair oils enriched with Keshya (Hair friendly) herbs are always beneficial for hair.
- - Regular maintaining of scalp hygiene is of prime importance to control hair disorders.
- - Brushing naturally dried hair stimulates circulation to the scalp and hair follicles.
- - Cleaning with hard water should be avoided, as it makes hair dry, rough, messy and dull.
- - Always dilute shampoo by adding 100 times soft or mineral water to it.
email@example.com Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sudhindra_Sharma