It was called as 'plant of immortality', by Egyptians.
BOTANICAL NAME: = Aloe Vera ,
SYNOMYMS = Grihakanya, Grihakumari, Ghritakumari,Deerghapatrika, Sthuleruha, Kanya, Bahupatra, Sukantaka, Mridu, Kapila, etc.
Regional names - Marathi - Korphada. Hindi - Gheekunvar, gvarapatha. Gujrathi - Kunwar path. Tamil - Chiruli, Katralai. Telagu - Chinnakata banda,Kalabanda. Kannada - Lolisara, Malyalum - Kumari. Bengali - Ghrtakumari. English - Indian aloe.
PART USED : Leaf
ENERGETIC PRINCIPLES :
Taste:- sweet, Bitter
Post digestive effect:- Sweet
Prabhava - Drastic purgative
Actions on Doshas - - Anti- Tridosha
Attributes - heavy, unctous, Sticky
Kumarisara - A yellow coloured bitter juice coming out after cutting the leaf becomes thick on drying and is called as kumarisara.
Krishnabola - Thick dried paste prepared from Kumari juice is called Krishnabola.
ALOE VERA HEALTH BENEFITS / ALOE VERA USES
- Aloe Vera gel is particularly helpful when applied on damaged skin. It aids in the healing of first-degree burns, sunburn, minor skin wounds and even painful shingles by relieving pain and reducing itching. The gel also provides an air proof moisturizing barrier so that wounds do not dry out.
- Aloe Vera's pulp increases shukra due to its oily,sticky and cold qualities. Since its bitter taste causes shukra tissue fire stimulation it acts as aphrodisiac also.
- It is useful to improve flow of menstrual fluid which is impaired due to oja and catabolism of tissues. It acts as uterine cleanser also.
- The juice of Aloe mixed with Haridra (turmeric) powder is given in spleen enlargement. Due to its pharmacological action on liver and spleen.
- It is also given in the joint pain in the form of juice due to its Anti-inflammatory activity.
- Aloe vera juice can be taken internally for inflammatory digestive disorders including ulcers and heartburn. However, there's very little research on its internal use. In Japan, purified aloe vera compounds have been found to inhibit stomach secretions and lesions. Aloe-derived compound are used as a treatment for people with ulcerative colitis.
- Aloe Vera is effective as a antiviral and immune-boosting agent for people with AIDS.
- It should be specially used as rasayana (Adaptogenic) in weak patients having constipation.
AYURVEDIC FORMULATIONS OF ALOE VERA
Today while learning and practicing Ayurveda and alternative medicine ; the knowledge of the Healing Herbs described in Ayurveda is very important.
|We are offering this ebook as an easier way to learn about the medicinal Herbs.
"Ayurvedic Herbology" is a set of 5 Volumes in E-Book form!!
If you are interested in doing ----Interactive Online Herbology Course- with certificate from International academy of Ayurveda
Related Article : Health Benefits of Aloe Vera