"I have brought to you a package of seven simple breathing exercises," Swami Ramdev " announces. "these are enough to tackle all diseases". "The healthy can practise for two hours daily while the sick will have to put in more efforts". He urged the people to be moderate in their attempts and not over exert. He asked them to reduce medication as their health improved and not to stop medications all of a sudden. He also prescribed some simple stretching exercises to exercise the whole body.
"Do not go in for medication," was his constant refrain. "Whether it is allopathy, ayurveda or homeopathy, medicines should be the last resort if you wish for permanent relief. You cannot achieve good health without some physical effort on your part. Even those taking medicines should continue with the exercises. We are all being constantly bombarded with pollutants; without detoxification by way of deep breathing you cannot stay healthy".
"It is breath that keeps you alive. Nobody has died while breathing. Life and death is in God's hands but let us not hasten our end by neglecting the breath. The breathing exercises provide oxygen to the cells, rejuvenate them, and takes away toxic waste. It regulates, digestion, assimilation and elimination. My brothers, take deep breaths, follow my advice of healthy food, high thoughts and a simple life to be happy and lead a productive, patriotic, altruistic life. Poverty is not the absence of wealth, it is the absence of humane qualities, lack of manly abilities, and the absence of the desire to serve humanity."
"These breathing exercises will clean you at all levels. Disease will fall off and also your bad habits and passions. Good thoughts will replace your destructive tendencies. Patriotism and social skills will improve. Your ability to work hard will improve. All sloth will go, your body and minds will feel light, you will be filled with energy and become model citizen. But my brothers you have to practise what I tell you. It will not do if you just sing my paeans and crowd around me for blessings. Baba Ramdev does not cure anyone, pranayam does. I am not here to preach, my yoga is not oratorial, it is practical. Do the yoga and feel the benefits."
What are these seven breathing exercises? They are;
1. Bhastrika : Take deep breath and release. Do it effortlessly, fill up your lungs and force the entire breath out. Do it with a rhythm. Imagine that all the energy of the Cosmos is entering into you. Feel that all your poisons are being expelled. Do it for 5 minutes if you are relatively healthy. Repeat for another five minutes if you are ailing, but gradually as you get accustomed. Bhastrika is very important for all kinds of skin problems, however serious and however strange. Not only leucoderma but also people suffering discoloration due to burns have benefited from sincerely practising this pranayama everyday.
2. Kapalbhati: Take in air into your stomach and push it out with a jerk. Only your stomach should move and not your body. Your outbreath should cause the adams apple to move as it pushes through the throat. Normally one should do this for fifteen minutes, five minutes each three times. People with cancers and other chronic diseases should do this twice a day totalling 30 minutes.Swamiji places a great importance on this pranayam which he says will help diabetes, regenerate insulin producing beta cells and also help the organs in the stomach, the lungs and the heart. It will open blocked arteries in the heart. READ MORE >>>>
3. Bahya Pranayam: Take a deep breath and release. Completely push the stomach in as you force the breath out and hold. Move you head downwards till the chin is fully in touch with the upper portion of the torso. Hold this position for 15 seconds and then move the head up as you breathe in. This is to be repeated five to 11 times.
4. Agnisar: Take a deep breath, pull the stomach in as you breathe out. Now hold the breathe as you move the stomach in and out in a rhythmic fashion for 15 seconds. Then breathe in again. Repeat this three to five times. This helps a lot with the digestive and eliminative process.
5. Anulom Bilom: Another very important pranayam. Sit straight, close the right nostril with your thumb. Place the forefinger on the forehead, then breathe in deeply with the left nostril. Now close the left nostril with the third and fourth fingers joined together and breathe out through the right nostril. Take a deep breath again through the right nostril, close it with the thumb, release the left nostril and breathe out. This is one cycle. Repeat this cycle continuously for five minutes. In total do it for fifteen minutes five minutes at a time three times. This pranayam recharges the entire body, opens all closed apperatures, sets right the entire flow of energy within the body and activates the chakras.
* Related Articles :
- Yoga for Health
- Getting Slim and Trim With Yoga
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Agnisar Pranayama
- Yoga for better Sleep
In case you're interested in knowing more info on vibration therapy, stop by www.vibraprofitness.com