Ayurvedic Treatment for Endometriosis:
Ayurveda treatment as apparent focuses on setting the balance right to achieve healthy menstrual cycles. The treatments include internal medications and external Panchakarma procedures as per patients conditions.
Suggested Diet and Lifestyle for a Endometriosis Patient:
- The patient should follow strict timings with respect to his meals, waking and sleeping. The patient should sleep early almost an hour before midnight and rise early as close to sunrise as possible
- Breakfast should consist of natural uterine cleansers and tonics like Pappaya at least till good control is achieved
- Lunch should comprise of food which is easy to digest. Use of bakery products, foods containing excessive salt, red meat etc must be avoided.
- Cruciferous vegetables, cereals must be preffered prepared with very minimal salt
- Dinner should comprise of light foods , steamed salads with lots of carrot and parsley.
- Salt again must be restricted. Salt plays a major role and the minimal usage the better.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Endometriosis:
Medicines include usage of herbs that help strengthening the immune system which in turn helps the glands function properly and create an hormonal balance
There are good herbal remedies for Endometriosis explained in Ayurvedic medicine. most useful herbs are Shatavari, Ashoka, Lodhra and Arjua.
- 1. Take Decoction of Daruharidra [Berberis aristrata] every morning empty stomach for 3 menstrual cycles. or 'Daruharidra ghana' can be taken 2 tablets twice a day. This strengthens the uetrus controls bleeding and also allievates pain. Other useful herbs for this purpose are Lodhra [Symplocos racemosa], Arjun [Terminalia arjuna].
- 2. Take 5gms of Shatavari [Asparagus racemosus], 5gms of Vidarikanda [Pueraria tuberosa], 3 gms of Arjun [T. arjuna]. Boil this herbs in 50ml of cow’s milk and 150ml of water till milk remains. Filter and drink once a day. This is very effective tonic. This medicine must be used once the bleeding is controlled and menses become regular by medicine 1
- 3. Generic Ayurveda preparation 'Sarivadyasava' effectively controls bleeding and helps the quality of blood improve. It can be combined with medicine 1 if symptoms are severe.
- 4. 'Chandraprabha vati' is a generic Ayurveda preparation. 2 tablets [250mg each] two times a day with pomegranate juice/ cow’s milk should be taken. This strengthens the ovaries and helps prevent cysts.
- 5. Ashwagandhaaristha is a medicated wine which is an excellent medicine to strengthen the uterus. 5ml of the wine diluted with 10ml of warm water two times a day for 3 -4 months. The above tablets can be consumed with it for better results.
- 6.Use of a mild laxative like 'Triphala Churna' is recommended to strengthen the intestine and prevent build up of toxins.
- 7. Use of Herb Gorakhmundi [Sphaeranthus indica] is effectve in controlling pain in this condition. It should be taken 2 times a day for 10 days just before menses.
- 8. Haridra Extract (Turmeric) capsules are also very useful natural remedy in endometriosis.
Apart from this medicines like Abrakh bhasma, Vang bhasma, Kachnaar Guggul, Pradarantak Lauh etc are very useful.
Panchakarma for Endometriosis:
Panchakarma may help a long way in curing endometriosis. The nature of treatment deepends on the physicians discretion. Generally Basti tratment [medicated enemas] will do the trick. This treatmnet fortifys the Apana Vayu which is responsible tpo bring about healthy cycles. The Basti treatments maybe complemented with Uttar Basti [enemas through Vagina] which help fortify the uterine walls.