Diet In Psoriasis:A strict diet regime has to be followed during the entire treatment period and it is better to continue as vegetarian. Yogurt, black gram, chilies and salted thing have to be restricted. It is better to avoid refrigerated/chilled foods. Psoriatic must keep a state of mental calmness.
Useful Ayurvedic Herbs in the Treatment of Psoriasis :
- Kakmachi -Black Nightshade (Solanum nigrum)- The juice of the leaves of the black nightshade can be applied locally on the affected regions. It helps in reducing the inflammation of the skin, and also has beneficial properties in allaying the pain and the itch.
- Garlic (Allium sativum) - Garlic is a blood purifier. Eating a few cloves of garlic every morning on an empty stomach filters the toxins out of the blood and provides protection against psoriasis.Read more about Garlic>>>>
- Jasmine (Jasminum polyanthum) - The flowers of the jasmine have good effects in the treatment of psoriasis. The flowers are crushed, made into a paste and are directly applied on the inflamed parts. This application reduces the pain and the itchiness of psoriatic inflammations.
- Guggul is an Ayurvedic herb from a resin of a small tree, which grows in northwestern India, its useful in treating psoriasis. It has anti-inflammatory and lipid-lowering actions, helps remove fat, excess fluids from the body and penetrates deep into the tissues. It is a effective Kapha- and Vata-pacifying supplement.Kaishore guggul is useful remedy for psoriasis.Read more about Guggul>>>>
- Neem is one among the best blood purifier and detoxifier known to Ayurveda. It enhances immune system and neem oil is an antiseptic in itself. Leaf extracts are used in antiseptics and can be effectively used in treating psoriasis. It destroys fungus and bacteria and is best for almost all kinds of skin diseases including redness of skin and itching.
- Turmeric - the spice has a long history in Ayurveda, and is a primary component for cooking. The powdered form can be used with food, or is available as capsules as a dietary supplement. Due to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, it relieves the pain, swelling and inflammation associated with psoriasis, arthritis etc. Read more about Turmeric>>>>
The author, Dr. . K. S. NANDALAL [B.A.M.S] is a Lecturer & consultant physician at Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur Trichur. India. He is assisted by Dr. Reji.M.Varghese [B.A.M.S.] Lecturer & consultant physician, Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College,Ollur Trichur. They can be reached at-drnandalal @ hotmail.com
Related Article :