Naturopathic care recognizes the importance of both decreasing exposure and addressing individual susceptibility as a way of promoting overall health. The following guidelines may be beneficial in supporting overall health.
Guidelines for Naturopathic Care -
- 1]Stay hydrated: Ensure adequate hydration, especially if there are signs of dehydration to assist the body in fighting infections.
- 2]Clean balanced diet: Limit known food intolerances; ensure balanced nutrition including lean protein, vegetables and whole grains;
- 3] limit foods that contribute to mucous (such as excess bread, dairy, yeast and bananas).
- (4)Limit processed food and foods high in salt and sugar.
- (5)Spices: Many warming spices have anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. Spices such as garlic, ginger, thyme, oregano and sage are easily added to teas and food dishes.
- (6)Sleep: Ensure adequate sleep. When you have symptoms of a cold or flu it is common to require more sleep.
- (7) Stress Management. Reduce and manage stress. Positive relationships are associated with a stronger immunity and overall health.
- (8)Indoor pollutants. Address indoor pollutants such as mould as they can worsen lung related illnesses.
- (9)Avoid smoking. Smoking and exposure to second-hand smoke can increase your susceptibility of lung-related illnesses.
- (10) Exercise: Moderate exercise enhances immune function and lowers the risk of respiratory infections. Intensive exercise can suppress normal immune reactions and is best avoided if Unwell
Tips to stay healthy NATURALLY -
- • Detoxify your body by drinking at least 6 to 8 liters of water daily
- • Get a sound sleep of 6 to 8 hours
- • Include more green vegetables in your diet and eat on time
- • Make sure your diet is getting you your daily amount of vitamins and minerals
- • Adopt Naturopathy & ayurveda for a healthy lifestyle
- • Follow basic hygiene practices.
- • Exercise and meditate & yogasana regularly.
Related Article -
* PRINCIPLES OF NATURE CURE
This guest post is written by Dr. Kamaljeet Kaur, she is Naturopath / Yoga therapist /Accupressure & Massage therapist. She works as Psychologist and Cancer counsellor at HCG Cancer Hospital, Nagpur.