Here are some more Ayurvedic Natural Remedies to supplement the body's deficiencies and to reverse the premature graying of hair.
- 6. Henna Catechu Remedy
Henna is a classic natural hair dye. This recipe should be used twice a week for soft black hair.
1 cup henna powder
1 tablespoon curd
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon catechu (Acacia catechu)
1 tablespoon brahmi (Bacopa monnieri; also known as Indian pennywort)
1 tablespoon Indian gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica; also known as amla)
1 tablespoon dry mint powder
Use a plastic, wooden, or stainless steel bowl, because the henna can react to certain metals. Mix the henna powder with as much coffee powder as desired (the henna will result in a reddish color; the coffee results in a more brownish color). Add the curd, lemon juice, catechu, brahmi, Indian gooseberry, and dry mint powder. Add vinegar until it makes a thick paste. Let the mixture sit for 2 hours. Apply the paste onto your hair. Leave it in for 1 hour. Rinse out the dye completely with water.
- 7. Earth Wash Remedy
This natural remedy requires nothing but the earth from outside. It slows the greying process, has no side effects, and is also good for combating headaches and sleeplessness.
Earth dug from deep within the garden or field + Water
Add some water to your earth to make a solution. Filter the solution through a sieve, cheesecloth, or coffee filter. Wash your hair with the extract. Use the remedy once a week for soft, strong, and black hair.
- 8. Henna, Shikakai, and Soap Nut Remedy
This is another natural herbal henna dye. It's best to use an iron bowl while mixing these ingredients, as the iron oxidizes the contents and makes the dye darker.
1 cup henna
2 tablespoons Indian gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica; also known as amla)
1 tablespoon shikakai (Acacia concinna)
1 tablespoon soap nut (Sapindus mukorossi; also known as reetha powder)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons curd
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
Combine all ingredients in an iron bowl. Mix until it forms a paste, and leave it in the bowl overnight. Apply the paste to hair in the morning. Let it sit for 2 hours. Thoroughly rinse out the hair.
- 9. Sesame Seed Remedy
If available, choose black sesame seeds for these remedies. Because they have not been hulled, they retain more nutrients than white sesame seeds. However, both are rich in trace minerals and vitamin B. This remedy will reduce hair loss and turn white hair black.
Sesame seeds + Water
Soak the sesame seeds in water to make them soft. Mash the sesame seeds into a paste. Apply the resulting paste to the scalp and throughout the hair with gentle massaging movements.
- 10. Indian Gooseberry and Hibiscus Flower Remedy
Hibiscus is the national flower of Malaysia. Its leaves are often crushed and mixed with soap nut to be applied on hair. With regular application, it leaves hair healthy and shiny, stops hair loss, acts against dandruff, and turns white hair black.
Indian gooseberry (Phyllanthus emblica; also known as amla)
Hibiscus juice (Hibiscus rosa-sinensis; also known as Chinese hibiscus or gurhal)
Crush the Indian gooseberry into a smooth pulp. Mix the Indian gooseberry with the hibiscus juice.Apply this as a rinse to your hair regularly.
- 11. Fenugreek and Coconut Oil Remedy
This remedy will slow greying.
Fenugreek leaves or powder (Trigonella Foenum-graecum; also known as methi)+ Water + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
If you have fresh fenugreek leaves, wash them in clean water, then mash them into a paste. Dry the paste in sunlight and prepare a powder of it. If you have fenugreek powder, skip this step. Mix the powder into coconut oil. Apply the mixture to your hair, and leave it in for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water.
Diet and Lifestyle:
- Consume vitamin-rich foods: In order to prevent and delay the greying process of hair, make sure to get sufficient amounts of vitamins B and E daily. Cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, fresh fruits, and vegetables are all good sources for these vitamins. Also decrease your sodium intake, because sodium speeds up the appearance of grey hair.
- Drink lots of water: A lot of toxins get deposited in the body when the endocrine system malfunctions. This leads to many health problems, including premature aging and grey hair. Drink up to 10–12 glasses of water daily to flush out these harmful toxins.
- Avoid junk food: Hair can become grey due to malnutrition and overconsumption of fast food or junk food. Instead, eat natural foods that are high in iron, calcium, vitamin B, and vitamin C. Options include fresh fruits, lemon juice, vegetable soups, etc.
- Quit smoking and also avoid over exposure to bright sunlight
Hope you have found the information in this article helpful and it will help you naturally return your grey or white hairs to their original black color. Remember, fresh and organic ingredients are always preferred, and you may need to be patient as you wait for repeated applications to work their magic.