Ayurveda, an ancient Indian medical system was very advance, and this can be understood by the works of Acharya Charaka, Sushruta, Vagabhatta and other great scholars. Their guidance and research are still very relevant and helpful in curing diseases naturally. Ayurveda is a blessing in saving us from diseases with no artificial chemicals.
At present 6.30 crore Indians suffers from a lifestyle disease called diabetes or madhumeha. Modern technology and ancient science can be a potent mix in keeping our generation healthy. Ayurveda mentions about madhumeha (sweet urine looks like honey) which is caused by the reasons mentioned below:
- Asyasukham – a luxurious life style which is sedentary, devoid of physical activities and exercises.
- Gramya-oudaka-anupa mamsa- which means consuming the flesh, soup, and stew prepared of animals living in water and marshy region.
- Svapnasukham- excessive sleeping
- Payamsi- excessive consumption of milk and milk products
- Dadheeni- excessive consumption of curd and dishes prepared by it.
- Navaanna panam –dishes prepared with new grains
- Guda vaikruti- jaggery, its derivatives (sugar) and dishes prepared by it.
- Kapha krut cha sarvam- all foods and lifestyle that increases kapha.
Medical science divides diabetes in to three categories and they are as follows,
- Type 1 diabetes- This is insulin dependent diabetes and it occurs due to lack of enough Insulin produced in the body.
- Type 2 diabetes- this is the most common type of diabetes and it is mostly associated with the lifestyle.
- Gestational diabetes –When there is a rise in the blood glucose level in a female during pregnancy.
Since diabetes is a palliative disease, it cannot be cured but can be controlled by medicine and diet. In India, there is less than 50 percent medication adherence which threatens to be the contributor in increasing the number of diabetic people to 12.30 crore by 2040.
Ayurveda, just like allopathy treatment procedure requires discipline in following the treatment plan. MyTherapy app(free for iOS and Android) is a medication reminder created to support the people with various health issues such as diabetes. It can help you to set up your medication schedule with Arogyavardhini, Asanad tablets, Shilajit vati, Trivanga bhasmaand other ayurvedic medicines.
The app is extremely easy to use and a reliable tool. It fulfills all the promises it makes on the google play store page. It is free from advertisements and lives up to its commitment to good health only..
Abhijit Ghosh is a Community Manager India of MyTherapy
What are the simple dietary and lifestyle changes that are helpful in combating this dreaded disease - Diabetes ??
Ayurveda provides right answer to this.
In fact this is the theam of our Best seller e-book "Ayurvedic Cure of Diabetes"
You can submit your Health related article for inclusion on this site.
Add Your Article on this site!