- 1. Inaugeration of IAA office – Office of International Academy of Ayurved was inaugurated on July 28 th / 2017 at D.Y.Patil’s Ayurveda College, Pimpri. Prof. B. P. Pandey Principal, Prof. Subhash Ranade, Dr. Sunanda Ranade, Prof. Gunvant Yeola, Dr. Mandar Bedekar, Dr. Chitra Bedekar and IAA faculty members in the staff of Ayurveda College were present on this occasion.
- 2. Center for Complimentary and Integrative Health Symposium – The center was formerly inaugurated on August 4 th at Savitribai Phule Pune University. Dr. Bhushan Patwardhan is the director of this Institute. Many stalwarts in the field of Ayurveda and Research were present on this occasion including Dr. Rajesh Kotecha, Special Secretary Ayush, Dr. Vasant Lad, Prof. Subhash Ranade, Dr. Sunanda Ranade, Dr. Gunvant Yeola, Vaidya Gangadharan, Prof. Sriram Savarikar and many students.
- 3. Award for Dr. Gaurang Joshi – He has been conferred with "Brahma Gaurav Award 2017'' for his contribution for the propagation of Ayurveda Globally by the All Gujarat Brahma Samaj at Ahmadabad on 20th August 2017.
- 4.Vaidyaraj Nanasaheb Puranik Smarak Vyakhyan 2017 - Mumbai Vaidya Sabha in co-operation with Ayurvidya Prasarak Mandal, organized Late Vaidyaraj Shrimant Nanasaheb Puranik Smarak Vyakhyan 2017 at Mumbai on 21 st August 2017. Prof. Dr. Subhash Ranade, Chairman, IAA was Guest Speaker.‘Creating a Global Footprint for Ayurveda’ was the topic.
Dr. Umesh Shukla, vice-President (Ayurved), CCIM, Ministry of Ayush, govt. of India was President of the function.
Vaidya Deenanath Upadhyaya, President, Mumbai Vaidya Sabha, welcomed the guests and Vaidya Shailesh Nadkarni, introduced Prof. Subhash Ranade.
During his one hour lecture, Prof. Ranade told the audience how with Dr. Sunanda Ranade, they did the propagation of Ayurveda in 77 countries in all 5 Continents with the help of Power Point Presentation of 60 slides. He explained their work in various Institutions, of Europe, South America, Central America, North America and Australia. He told the students that when proper Ayurvedic herbs are not available, how it is important to give advice of Life Styles Adjustments to the patients. He also told them that they must study basic principles of Ayurveda by heart and learn one foreign language if they want to embark on the journey of Global propagation of Ayurveda. Dr. Umesh Shukla told the audience that Ministry of Ayush is creating various facilities for the students for their study programs and said that all must work hard for progress.
Mr. Ranjit Puranik, President of Ayurvidya Prasarak Mandal, praised the work done by Dr. Umesh Shukla. He also said that the work done by Prof. Subhash Ranade and Dr. Sunanda Ranade is commendable.
Both Dr. Sunanda and Subhash Ranade and Dr. Umesh Shukla were felicitated by offering them shawl and memento.
The function was attended by more than 200 students and senior practitioners like Dr. Palep, Dr. Kamat, Dr. Shashi Vaze, Dr. Ashanand Sawant and many others.
- 5. International Conference on Ayurveda, Pune - International Academy of Ayurved (IAA) and Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Ayurved and Research Center, Pimpri, Pune are jointly organizing this conference.
Organizers extended a warm invitation to all health professionals, academicians, scholars, and researchers of Ayurved from India and around the world to participate in this conference.
The theme of the conference is Ayurved for Disease free Society. By demonstrating that Ayurved is holistic, authentic, and reliable, the conference offers a cost-effective and easy-to-implement system of natural health care, which is prevention oriented and promotes both individual and collective health. Ayurved, in fact, offers the ideal solution to the current crises in modern health care systems that are based solely on western medicine. It has the potential to create self-sufficiency in health care for all nations and ultimately a disease-free society. This conferenceis designed to bring to light the time tested knowledge of Ayurved with up-to-date insights from modern science on scientifically verified solutions to showcase the effectiveness of Ayurved towards fulfilling the human pursuits.
The structure of the conference involve both plenary sessions for all delegates and parallel sessions that are focusing on specific applications of Ayurveda, including women health, hormonal imbalance, lifestyle/metabolic disorders, auto immune disorders, neurological and musculo-skeletal disorders.
Theme - Ayurved for Disease free Society
Date and Day – January 14th, 2018 (Sunday)
Venue – Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth (Deemed University) Auditorium, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune 411 018
Patron – Hon. Dr. P. D. Patil sir, Chancellor of Dr. D. Y. Patil University (DPU)
President – Dr. Jose Rugue, Founder of Suddha Dharma Mandal, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vice President – Mr. George Joaquim, Founder of AkiSintaSaude Ayurved Institute, Lisbon, Portugal
Advisors - Prof. Em. Dr. Subhash Ranade, Chairman, IAA , Prof Dr. B. P. Pandey, Principal of Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Ayurved and Research Center, Pimpri, Pune, Dr. Sunanda Ranade, Vice Chairman, IAA Organizing Secretary - Prof. Dr. Gunvant Yeola, Professor and Head of Kayachikitsa Department, Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Ayurved and Research Center, Pimpri, Pune and Director of IAA
Contact – For more details please visit www.ayurved-int.com and write email to Conference Secretary at email@example.comIAA news in Abroad
- Dr. Gaurang Joshi’s tour of South America – Dr. Joshi, IAA faculty member has completed 20 days tour of Bogota, Colombia from 4th July to 24th July where he taught Ayurveda's various specialty subjects to the students of College of Ayurveda. He also conducted few public seminars and Ayurveda Retreat successfully.