This On-line Basic Ayurvedic Nutrition Certificate course is conducted through our website, in collaboration with International Academy of Ayurveda, Pune, India.
Online "Basic course in Ayurvedic Nutrition" is intended for:
- A.. Health care professionals, who want to upgrade and deepen their knowledge in their fields of specialization or widen their knowledge into the field of Ayurveda.
- B.. Professionals and lifelong learners interested in taking continuous education courses.
- C.. This course is also useful for physicians interested in alternative medicine systems, non - medical practitioners, dietitians, dietary assistants, physiotherapist and Yoga teachers who are interested in widening their professional and personal competence.
- D.. Completion of this course is prerequisite for attending all the advance Ayurveda Nutrition courses conducted by International Academy of Ayurveda.
Salient features of "Basic course in Ayurvedic Nutrition" online course:
- a.. On line course providing in-depth overview on Ayurvedic Nutrition;
- d.. Discussion of basic concepts of Ayurvedic Nutrition and their application to maintaining health as well as treating diseases.
- b.. Content created by Ayurvedic professionals with over 80 collective years of teaching experience;
- Regular assignments to evaluate your performance.
- 'International Academy of Ayurveda' will email you a Certificate of Completion after completion of the course.
This course is designed by Dr.Sunanda Ranade,B.A.M.&S, Ph.D; Vice chairman of International Academy of Ayurveda, Pune, India
If you have any queries or want any explanation on particular topic you can contact Dr.Sunanda Ranade
BIO DATA OF COURSE FACULTY DR.SUNANDA RANADEDr. Sunanda Ranade is expert Ayurvedic gynecologist and nutritionist. She is BAM&S. from Pune university and worked as Research officer in clinical trials of singal herbs with ICMR and CCRIMH for 12 years. She is Vice chairman of International Academy of Ayurveda, Pune, India and is working in the field of Ayurveda and Yoga since last 44 years.
Dr. Sunanda Ranade has written hundreds of articles on Ayurveda, which have been published not only in Indian magazines and newspapers but also in Italy and Germany. She is also the author of several books on Ayurveda, which have been published in Marathi, English, Italian and Spanish languages.
She is working as visiting Professor to various Institutes in United States like Ayu-Seattle, American Institute of Ayurveda –San Francisco and Vedica Global, Berkley, USA: Seva Academy- Munich, Germany: SKA Ayurveda- Milan, Italy: Bergler massage school, Graz, Austria: International Ayurvedic Culture, Barcelona, Spain: Yoga and Ayurveda, Lisbon, Portugal: Israeli Center of Ayurveda, Tel Aviv, Israel: Shuddha Dharma Mandal, Sao Paulo, Brazil; Ayurvastu, Chile and Post Graduate Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
She has given lectures on Ayurveda at various Universities and also has done consultations to hundreds of patients at Uni. Bastyr –Seattle (USA); Bogota (Colombia), Mexico and Ecuador.
She is also on the Editorial board of Light on Ayurveda Journal, USA.
She has conducted many courses on Gynecology, Ayurvedic Nutrition and Ayurvedic massage for physicians and common people in these countries.
She has substantially contributed for CD ROM –Dhanvantari that is the first CD on Ayurveda.
Faculties for Online "Basic course in Ayurvedic Nutrition" course
- Dr. Sunanda Ranade
Vice Chairman, International Academy of Ayurveda, Pune, India
- Dr. Shashikant Patwardhan
Editor, Ayurveda For You
Course Fees: US$ 250.00
Special Discounted price: US$ 200.00 (20% discount) for short period.
P. S.-- It's limited period offer!!
For Indian residents Fees will be INR 5000/-only.(+ Rs.125 Transaction Fee of Instamojo)
Course Enrollment Process and Payment:
|A] Foreign Residents - For registration please make your payment by clicking -
* For Other Payment Mode Options availablePlease Click here-
B] Indian Residents can make payment by clicking -
Or you can pay Rs.5000/- only using Other Payment Mode Options available HERE.
Please note -
- After making payment by other modes, Please send your Payment details to - editor at ayurveda-foryou.com
- You will not be taken to the registration page automatically after completing your payment.
- After receiving your payment information, we will send you your registration details.
- Please allow us few hours time for that.
- Please add our email ID 'editor at ayurveda-foryou dot com' to your address book (or "buddy", "safe", "approved", or "trusted sender" lists) to ensure that you will receive replay from us.
- Please don't forget to check your 'Junk mail' folder also for our replay.
Online "Basic course in Ayurvedic Nutrition" Background:
AYURVEDA means "The Science of Life" and is the oldest and most comprehensive system of medicine invented for mankind. It is believed to have originated in 2500 B.C. Actually Ayurveda is rather a way of living to keep one in harmony with nature. It contains profound knowledge of maintaining good health, curing of disease and achieving a harmonious balance of body, mind and spirit. Central to this healing science is the doctrine of Tri- dosha (the vital energies of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and the connection with the Pancha Maha Bhootha (the five elements - ether, air, and fire water and earth.)
Ayurveda teaches a way of life that enables us to be centred and focus on the healing that comes from within
Nutrition is the most important because from proper wholesome and balanced diet all the body constituents- dosha, dhatu and mala are formed. That is why it is said that 'we are what we eat'. Food is not only essential for our physical well being but it provides nutrition for our mind as well.
What we eat influences not only on our physical activities but on the psychological also. The digestive fire requires food to keep it constantly active. Improper food can extinguish this fire and produce toxic substance called as ama. Hence food and digestive fire are interdependent on each other.
Ayurveda has given lot of importance to Eight factors in dietetics, which are called as 'ashtavidha smskara'.
Ayurveda teaches you to recognize your self - your constitution, so that you can have the correct food, herbs and exercises for improving health and preventing diseases.
If these rules and laws are taught to others, Ayurveda- science of healing will be useful to every one.
This course provides a clear understanding of the fundamental principles of Ayurvedic Nutrition including the Energetic Principals, Food items and their metabolism.
General Working of online "Basic course in Ayurvedic Nutrition" course
i) After making the necessary payment you will receive your 'User name' and 'Password' from us.
ii) This user name and password combination will allow you to visit the password protected directory on the website.You can read the course material from here.
iii) The course contents following chapters:
- 1. Fundamental Principles of Ayurveda
- 2. Sub Doshas
- 3. Twenty attributes –(Sharira Gunas)
- 4. Energetic Principals
- 5. Constitution - Prakruti
- 6. Assessment of Constitution
- 7. Diet for Vata constitution
- 8. Diet for Pitta constitution
- 9. Diet for Kapha constitution
- 10. Basic principles of Ayurvedic nutrition
- 11.Rules for consumption of food
- 12. Vegetarian Diet
- 13. Contradictory food - (Viruddha ahara)
- 14. Specific Qualities of Food Substances
- 15. Kitchen pharmacy
iv) A questionnaire is given at the end of each module, on that particular topic. You are supposed to write down the answers to these questions and send them to the Faculties for evaluation.
v) There is NO specific TIME LIMIT assigned for this course. You can study at your leisure and complete the course any time.
vi) There is NO essential ACADEMIC PREREQUISITE assigned for this course.
vii) Course will be complete after you send answers to questions on all 15 chapters. No other examination is conducted. There is no marking system for the answers you have sent. We just check for correctness of the answers so as to confirm that you have undestood the subject correctly.
viii) A certificate will be issued after successful completion of the course by International Academy of Ayurveda. Please note that this course is not recognized by government for practice. You can not practice as an Ayurvedic Nutritionist by only obtaining this certificate. The Certificate is given by IAA, which is a private organization..
International Academy of Ayurveda conducts various Basic and Advanced courses in Ayurveda like Advanced clinical training in Ayurveda, Herbology, Panchakarma, Massage, Marma Massage etc. and you can join the advanced Nutrition courses only after successful completion of this Basic course.
ix) Further info. about these advanced courses is available at website of IAA - www.ayurved-int.com
Free Download - 'Basic Ayurvedic Nutrition Course Sample Ebook'.
It contains one sample chapter from online Basic Ayurvedic Nutrition Course plus other useful information.