Ayurveda Treatment for Viral infections in cold seasons like Monsoon and winter:
If a person becomes sick with swine flu, antiviral drugs can make the illness milder and make the patient feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms).
Beside antivirals, supportive care at home or in hospital, focuses on controlling fevers, relieving pain and maintaining fluid balance, as well as identifying and treating any secondary infections or other medical problems.
The virus isolates in the 2009 outbreak have been found resistant to amantadine and rimantadine. In the U.S., on April 27, 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued Emergency Use Authorizations to make available Relenza and Tamiflu antiviral drugs to treat the swine influenza virus in cases for which they are currently unapproved.
In such condition following Ayurveda drugs may be started as soon as possible. Few of these drugs have been found very effective in current research works and are being practiced in India since thousands of years for combating various seasonal and viral infections.
Useful Ayurvedic Preparations :
- Sitopaladi Churna
- Naradiya Laximivilas Ras
- Classical Chyavanprash
- Haridra Khanda
- Talisadi Churna
- Khadiradi Gutika
- Lavangadi Gutika
- Malla Sindura
- Samirpannaga Rasa
- Chandramrita Rasa
- 64 Prahari Pippali
- Suvarna Vasanta Malini Rasa
- Shwasa Kuthara Rasa
- Tulsi Ghana
Panchakarma procedures like Nasya Karma and Sadya Vamana Karma are also very useful for all respiratory track infections.
It is advisable to remain under medical supervision of a qualified and experienced Vaidya. We have seen miraculous results of above said drugs in various viral infections in thousands of patients in our clinical experience.
There is no doubt that above said drugs and Panchakarma helps to expel Kapha from the body and also helps to stop or to slower the viral load from the body, which is ultimately responsible for high grade fever and other symptoms which are responsible for high rate of mortality.
1. "Swine influenza". The Merck Veterinary Manual. 2008. http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/121407.htm. Retrieved on April 30, 2009.
2. http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/05/25/take-a-deep-breath-swine-flus-not-that-bad/. Retrieved on 2009-05-225.
3. "http://www.reuters.com/article/europeCrisis/idUSN09437556" Reuters Report
4. Kothalawala H, Toussaint MJ, Gruys E (June 2006). "An overview of swine influenza". Vet Q 28 (2): 46–53. PMID 16841566.
5. Gray GC, Kayali G (April 2009). "Facing pandemic influenza threats: the importance of including poultry and swine workers in preparedness plans". Poultry Science 88 (4): 880–4. doi:10.3382/ps.2008-00335. PMID 19276439.
6. Myers KP, Olsen CW, Setterquist SF, et al (January 2006). "Are swine workers in the United States at increased risk of infection with zoonotic influenza virus?". Clin. Infect. Dis. 42 (1): 14–20. doi:10.1086/498977. PMID 16323086.
7. "Swine Flu and You". CDC. 2009-04-26. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm. Retrieved on 2009-04-26.
9. "Q & A: Key facts about swine influenza (swine flu) – Spread of Swine Flu". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 24 April 2009. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/key_facts.htm. Retrieved on 2009-04-26.
10. "Q & A: Key facts about swine influenza (swine flu) – Diagnosis". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 24 April 2009. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/key_facts.htm. Retrieved on 2009-04-26.
11. "CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Swine Influenza (Flu) Investigation". Cdc.gov. http://cdc.gov/swineflu/investigation.htm. Retrieved on 2009-04-27.
12. "Chlorine Bleach: Helping to Manage the Flu Risk". Water Quality & Health Council. April 2009. http://www.waterandhealth.org/newsletter/new/winter_2005/chlorine_bleach.html. Retrieved on 2009-05-12.
14. "Antiviral Drugs and Swine Influenza". Centers for Disease Control. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/antiviral_swine.htm. Retrieved on 2009-04-27.
Authers can be contacted at - jkmodha at yahoo.com