Treatment Modalities for Alzheimer’s disease in stages:
Normal functions. Candidates do not exhibit any memory problems to the Doctor.
What Happens in the brain? No remarkable changes.
Healthy brain, cerebral cortex and Hippocampus.
Treatment modalities aimed at preventing Alzheimer’s:
- Wholesome diet to the mind and body.
- Regulated life style
- Being a good judge in differentiating between good and bad. And acting accordingly.
- Not getting too much engrossed in sensory pleasures.
- Learn sharing, when you give your possessions you give very little when you surrender your self it is true giving. When you give with joy that is the reward. When you withhold it you perish.
- Treat every one equally, looking at both pleasure and pain with an equal eye. Look upon well wishers and neutrals as well as mediators, friends and foes, relatives and objects of hatred, the virtuous and the sinful with the same eye.
- Be truthful, to yourself and to your dealings in life. People who lie are under a constant fear and stress. Try to know the truth of this life. The mind, body the senses and the gross or the physical body are all perishable, and hence do not grieve on this body. The soul residing in this body is eternal and imperishable therefore do not grieve over it.
- Be free from malice, friendly and compassionate towards all beings and always be forgiving by nature.
- Look after elders and keep yourself engaged in their service. When you work with love you bind yourself to yourself, to one another and with god.
These Diet modalities and life style habits have been formulated for each and every individual. Though these may look a little impracticable and a little heavy if you abide by them even in the slightest way the mind is less disturbed and more tranquil on the contrary if you do not abide them conflict occurs in the subconscious realms and these cause mental disturbances and diseases.
Very mild cognitive decline
The candidates feel as if they have memory lapses. When they are talking and may forget familiar words, names or every day objects but may not exhibit during a checkup.
What happens in the brain?
Mild disease; moderately enlarged ventricles, shrinking cortical. And Hippocampus.
- Wholesome diet and lifestyle.
- Pranayama: Breathing techniques to rejuvenate your brain cells. The main effects of Pranayama manifest in the nervous system and in the subtle psychic energy body .The breath is known as thread of life and depending on it’s action the entire life process is refined, balanced or else thrown out of proper order.
- Panchakarma therapy. A special part of treatment in Ayurveda aiming at removal of toxins from the body and servicing it for a better efficacy.
- Shiro Dhara: Medicated liquids are poured on the head with an appliance called as Dhara patra which is suspended from the ceiling or from the bracket of the dhara table. Promising treatment in maintaining the restoration of necessary oxygen, blood supply and glucose to the brain cells.
- Nasya. All medications and therapies administered through the nasal passage are called as Nasya. This therapy is considered the best and the most specific treatment for the diseases of the head because when the medicines are administered through the nose they spread throughout the head and it’s constituent parts and influence all the beaneries and the diseases situated in these parts.
- Shiro Basti: A therapy where medicated oil is kept on the head for a specific period with the help of a cap. This is recommended for diseases like Parkinson’s, Hemiplegia, mind and generalized cerebral atrophy.
- Shiro lepa: Application of medicated pastes on the scalp is called as Shirolepa and is recommended for all psychic disorders.
- Rejuvinating medicines like Brahmi, to keep the brain cells well nourished. Ayurvedic mineral supplements given to normalize the depleted tissue elements.eg. Chyavanprash
- Educating on the benefit of developing hobbies such as drawing, sculpturing dancing etc and playing indoor games like scrabble, computer games, chess etc.
Mild cognitive decline. Friend’s family and coworkers begin to notice changes in memory, concentration and behavioral pattern.
Clinically recognizable by the physicians.
What happens in the brain? Severe disease severely enlarged ventricles, severe shrinkage of Hippocampus and severe cortical shrinkage.
1.Continue Stage 2 treatment.
2.Good nursing care
Related Article : Ayurvedic Medicinal Herbs for Alzheimer's disease