Ayurvedic Medicine For Acidity
Lifestyle Changes in HyperacidityMany factors are responsible for good and balanced digestion. Here are some tips to improve your digestion
- Food must be fresh and prefer food grown locally, or at least seasonally
- Food should be prepared with a caring and loving attitude.
- Food must be eaten with attention and awareness. Our sense of taste ignites the digestive fire before food ever reaches the stomach.
- Being distracted with books, driving, computers, and phones during a meal negates any hope of a balanced digestive process.
- Eating is best done during Pitta period, between 10 A.M. and 2 P.M.; this is when the enzymes are the strongest and digestion will be the most effective. Eating at other times will eventually compromise the body’s ability to digest and assimilate nutrition and give energy over a long period.
- Don't work till late in night. Lesser sleep may worsen your condition. It is better to rest at home than to hospitalize?
- Avoid sleeping just after taking the meal, whether it is a lunch or a dinner.
- Walk for at least 15 minutes both in morning and evening.
- Don't allow anger to excite your neurons and also be ware of anxiety also don't mess up unnecessarily with your feelings
Home Remedies for Hyperacidity
- 1] For an instant relief from the high acid take tender coconut (Cocus nucifera) water. A dose of 100 to 500 ml should be taken twice/day. This is the best quick releiveing home remedy for the Heartburn alias Acid reflux.
- 2] Take the powder of Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) in a dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with100 to 250 ml water twice/day. Amalaki is one of the best pacifier for the Pitta as well as the Kapha Dosha and also a rich source of Vitamin C- to heal the bruised stomach and esophagous due to the high production of the Acid in stomach.
- 3] To get relief from the high reflux of the acid mix gruel of rice corn, raw sugar, and honey in equal quantity. A dose of 100 to 200 g should be taken twice/day. This will full the stomach and the mucoidal layer on will protect the Stomach and esophagus for longer times and will keep the heartburn and acid reflux, away.
- 4] Take powdere of Haritaki and Bhringraja (Eclipta alba) in equal quantity. A dose of 3 to 6 g should be taken with 12 g of jaggery and warm water twice/day- this will help you to get rid of the basic causes behind the Acid Reflux and Heartburn. Bhringraj is a herb of choice to get rid if the liver problems and all kind of digestive upsets.
- 5] Instead of Tea or Coffee prepare a decoction from the equal parts of stem of Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia), fruit of Neem, leaf of snakeguard, and Triphala. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day. Take it only after cooling down to the room temperature. If you dont find the taste of above one, try this second option - prepare a decoction of equal parts of dried ginger, fruit of coriander, and leaf of snakeguard. A dose of 14 to 28 ml should be taken twice/day, keep in mind if you are mixing sugar- dont boil the sugar.
- 6] Drink coriander (Coriandrum sativum) and cumin (Cuminum cyminum) tea, it is nice when your Acid reflux or heartburn is caused by the indigestion or overloading of the stomach in a late night party.
- 7] Mixing two teaspoonfuls of ghee in a glassful of milk and taking this once a day acts as a liner inside the gut and will heal all the destruction caused by the high flow of Pitta. There are various home remedies and ayurvedic treatments for acidity control; it is good to go for such treatments as they are safe and effective. Avoid chemical/medicinal acidity treatments as it creates a bundle of other health problems.
- 8] Take two tablespoon honey with two tablespoon natural cidar vinegar before meal
- 9] Mint juice or mint capsules containing peppermint oil are also a good herbal remedy for treating acidity. It is recommended to be taken after meal, it reduces gas formation. This is one of the useful home remedies for acidity.
- 10] Fruits that will help you in getting relief from acidity are cucumber, watermelon, papaya, and banana.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Acidity / Acid RefluxUsing ayurvedic medicines that can suppress acid formation is very effective in treating acidity.
Herbs useful in Hyperacidity/ Acid reflux1] Amla - One of the Ayurvedic herbs recommended for the treatment of acid reflux is amla, which is used for a variety of digestive problems. Amla can be taken with warm milk or eaten with vegetables to help settle the stomach.
2] Coriander -The culinary herb and spice coriander is also an effective treatment for acidity. Ayrurvedic practitioners also recommend taking 1 tbsp. coriander juice with 4 oz. butter milk to reduce acidity in the stomach.
3] Mint -The mint family consists of peppermint, spearmint and basil, or tulsi; their natural oils can relieve heartburn and concomitant symptoms. For the treatment of acid reflux, Ayurvedic practitioners often prescribe Tulsi or Holy basil to reduce acid production and lessen the tendency for reflux and heartburn. Chewing on a few fresh leaves of tulsi relieves the burning pain of reflux. These herbs can be used both fresh and dried.
4] Licorice -Ayurvedic medicine uses licorice root. Making an herbal tea provides relief from burning pain and other symptoms of acid reflux.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Acidity/ GERD/ Heartburn are -Kamadudha Ras (with pearls) is a drug of choice for hyperacidity in the dose of 1 tablet thrice daily.
Avipattikar churna can be taken with water before your daily meal. It is good for your bowel movement and is effective in heartburn treatment or acidity.
Narikel lavann is also a good remedy to cure hyperacidity.
Sukumara Ghrita is a specific treatment and is administered in doses of one to two teaspoonfuls mixed with a cup of milk and given first thing in the morning.It may lead to some impairment of the digestive powers of the patient in the beginning, but he recovers the power of digestion after some days.
Dhaatri lauha (calyx of iron mixed with the juice of amla) may be taken in one teaspoonful dose twice a day. In acidity, iron absorption is impaired and this will be corrected with this medicine.
In severe cases, Ayurvedic physicians may prescribe Swarna parpatee, Suvarna Soota sekhara ras etc. If needed, these medicines may be taken under medical supervision.
Exercise for Hyperacidity
Exercise helps in controlling acidity Morning walk are good for your health and keeps the acidity disease under control. Take a walk of about two kilometres early in the morning.
Yoga for HyperacidityYogic exercises and meditation keeps your overall internal system (like digestive system, nervous system) and external system in good condition. Depression, anxiety worsens the acidity disease so try to live a stress-free life for healthy and happy living. Some of the useful yoga postures are -
Surya namaskar, Sarvangasan, Bhujangasan,Naukasan,Paschimottanasan,Vajrasan,Bhastrika Pranayam,Sitali Ptanayam and Sitkari Pranayam