International Academy of Ayurveda News
For January 2017
IAA News in India
We wish all IAA Faculty Members and readers Happy and Prosperous New Year.
- 1. MOU with Associacao Portuguesa de Medicina Ayurveda, Lisbon, Portugal – On December 20 th, 2016 IAA signed this MOU with Joaquim and Marisa of Portugal. Prof. Subhash Ranade, signed the document on behalf of IAA. As per this MOU, an agreement has been reached between two Institutes for collaboration in Academic activities. Dr. Sunanda Ranade, Vice-Chairman and Prof. Dr. Yeola were present on this occasion.
- 2. International Delegate Assembly 6 and WAC 7 at Kolkata – This conference received good response from Indian and Foreign delegates. Prof. Subhash Ranade chaired two sessions – Global Ayurveda Update IV and Life Style Modifications. For 6 th IDA, Dr. Sunanda Ranade and Dr. Supriya Gugale conducted two workshops on Nutrition and Inner beauty respectively. Dr. Supriya Gugale was also invited for Chanting Dhanvantari Prayer at the inauguration of 6 th IDA and WAC 7. IAA faculty members Dr. Avinash Lele and Dr. Tejasvini Bhale attended the conference.
- 3. ayurved Sutra – This is the latest New Age Journal in Ayurved. The new issue- Vol 4 / Issue 02-03 has published lead article on ‘Concept of Longevity’ of Dr. Sunanda Ranade and Prof. Subhash Ranade. The yearly subscription is Rs. 2000. For subscription of this journal send cheque drawn in favor of ‘Antara Infomedia Ltd’ to 204 Paradise Garden, A-25, Vidyalaya Marg, Tilak Nagar, Jaipur, 302004
- 4. Welcome to new IAA members- 1) Dr. Seenthre Sravanthi (Hyderabad), 2) Dr. Vidya Buddhe, 3) Dr. Sneha Chavan, 4) Dr. C. B. Singh (Chandra Bhushan Singh), One New Associate Member -1) Dr. Sujata Vaidya (Ph.D.)
- 5. Vajra 2016 International Conference – To celebrate Vaidyaratnam Platinum Jubilee Year, this International conference is being organized by Vaidyaratnam Oushadhalaya at Thrissur, Kerala from January 13 to 15 / 2016. The theme is ‘Life Style disorders’ those who want to register should log on (http://vajra2016.com/). Prof. Subhash Ranade and Dr. Sunanda Ranade have been invited for this conference.
IAA News Abroad
- 1. Second International Ayurveda Conference London 2017 – Theme –Ayurveda in pursuit of health, happiness and longevity. For online registration of the conference in April 2017 interested delegates should log on to (www.internationalayurvedacongress.com). Congress fee for delegates 500 GBP for non delegates who are with delegates but not attending the conference fee is 360 GBP. For Air ticket booking, visa guidance, transfer of foreign currency for registration and booking Europe tour, contact – Patankar Holidays -91-20-24349962 | 7767806522 E mail - email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2. Dr. Sandeep Shirvalkar – Senior Faculty member of IAA, Dr. Shirvalkar visited Portugal from Nov. 15 to Dec. 13 th for conducting seminars on Ayurveda and giving consultations in Lisbon and Porto.
- 3. Sun Moon and Earth – This is the latest book by Mas Vidal, Director of Dancing Shiva, from Ohio, USA. The book carries a number of bold themes that relate to the Yoga and Ayurveda traditions and mostly infiltrates the topic of spirituality but the book also reaches into areas of health-diet, society and ecology. It also includes a powerful pictorial of many highly regarded yogis as well as a large section on the therapeutics of postural yoga. The book is available on Amazon.com