TRIKATU: A complimentary formula to Triphala, Trikatu means 'three peppers' or 'three pungents'. It is a combination of Black Pepper (Piper nigrum), Indian Long Pepper (Piper longum) and Ginger (Zingiber officinale). While Triphala lends a hand to the lower GI tract, Trikatu has its primary effects in the upper GI tract, where it enhances the 'digestive fire' necessary for the breakdown of food and absorption of nutrients. Trikatu is a combination of natural herbs and is safe and effective.
Trikatu churna is also known as trikatu choornam, Trikatu choorna, katutraya churna, katutraya choorna etc.
Ayurvedic practitioners consider Trikatu a 'warming formula', used to awaken Agni (digestion) and destroy Ama (accumulated waste & toxins).
According to Ayurvedic theory, poor quality food and inconsistent eating habits can create a dullness to the upper GI, which, if uncorrected, will result in further deviations from overall health. Specifically, it can lead to unhealthy food cravings. This creates a feedback loop, since the poor food choices driven by the cravings reinforce the digestive dysfunction.
Health Benefits of Trikatu churna:
- Trikatu was shown to reduce LDL and triglycerides levels in rabbits fed high-fat diets. It also increased cardioprotective HDL levels.
- Trikatu works on your skin and it very helpfully to prevent any allergies. It helpings us look your skin fresh and your face glow. Trikatu is an especially herbal combination of herbs to prevent obesity.
- Trikatu has anti-inflammatory and anti-helminthes properties. It helps in removing the worms out of the body and thus improving the digestive functions.
- It helps to maintain the healthy digestive system and removes the toxins from the body.
- Trikatu helps in rejuvenating your body cells and also helps in preventing any infection of inflammation of the digestive organs.
- Trikatu has natural anti-histamine and thus it helps to prevent any infection and inflammation of the gastric mucosa. It prevents your body from any allergic reaction. It is safe to use the product for a long period of time as it does not produce any side effect.
- Regular intake of this product helps in increasing your appetite. Trikatu inhibits the formation of gas and thus it helps in proper digestion of the food.
- Trikatu enhances the metabolic activity and rapid absorption of the nutrients. Trikuta is also a very good product to treat the bad odor from mouth. It helps to improve the taste of the mouth. Chew your food properly in the mouth for effective metabolism and absorption of the food nutrients. Trikuta also helps to maintain the normal flow of blood in your body cells.
Trikatu - as Natural Appetite Suppressant and Weight loss Supplement:Trikatu is a dietary supplement. It is most popular as a natural appetizer. Another important use of this herb is to reduce excessive body weight and check food cravings. As a digestive tonic, Trikatu herbal supplement, enhances the assimilation process. This in turn helps in maximizing metabolic process and reducing body weight. Trikatu herbal mixture is also capable of maintaining blood -glucose and reduces food cravings.
Today while learning and practicing Ayurveda and alternative medicine ; the knowledge of the Healing Herbs described in Ayurveda is very important.
|We are offering this ebook as an easier way to learn about the medicinal Herbs. |
"Ayurvedic Herbology" is a set of 5 Volumes in E-Book form!!
If you are interested in doing ----Interactive Online Herbology Course- with certificate from International academy of Ayurveda
Trikatu - An answer to modern dietary style
The underlying assumption behind using Trikatu is that modern diets usually involve processed foods and not enough fruits and vegetables. As a result, an amount of fiber intake may be less than what it should be, and our digestive power cannot be functioning as it should. However, Trikatu is not a source of fiber but it aids great strength to the digestion by stimulating various digestive enzymes across the gastrointestinal track
Ayurvedic Health Benefits of Trikatu :
- 1.It is strong stimulant and is used for both respiratory and digestive system. It treats congestion, cold and revives the organic functions that are weak.
- 2.It rejuvenates the lungs and especially, for people with kapha constitutions.
- 3.It has aphrodisiac properties that strengthens the functioning of the reproductive organs. It also energizes the reproductive organs and it also increases the sperm count in men.
- 4.It is digestive and anti-mucus powder that improves respiratory and gastric function.
- 5.It also helps in treating digestion when it is weak, high cholesterol, hypothyroid, obesity, edema and slow metabolism.
- 6.It is a safe stimulant and expectorant.
- 7.It also has carminative, anti-allergenic, anti-flatulant and natural antihistamine properties.
- 8.It is effective in curing dyspepsia and helps in proper circulation, provides heat to warm digestion and prevents the formation of gastric mucosa.
- 9.It also promotes the production of digestive juices and increases the appetite in a person. It stimulates secretion of hydrochloric acid. It also stops the gaseous distension.
- 10.It also helps in the rapid absorption of the nutrients in to the digestive tract.
- 11.It is the best drug for anti-obesity and helps to rid your body off the excessive fats and cholesterol.
- 12.It also reduces inflammations and pain.
- 13.It enhances the metabolic rate and the thermogenic effect.These properties helps in supporting the respiratory health.
- 14.It also increases the bioavailability of the foods, nutrients and medicines and is an essential part in many of the multi-herbal preparations.
- 15.It is also used to treat abdominal and gastric disorders and other disorders like pyrexia, insomnia and dysentery.
Trikatu is preferably taken one hour before each meal in a dose of 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. It can also be taken along with or after a meal. As Trikatu has a pungent taste, it is better taken mixed with honey in a thick paste that can be licked.
Contraindications for use of Trikatu:
- 1.Those taking MAOI’s, SSRI’s, antidepressants, NSAIDS, corticosteroids or certain other medications should not take this product.
- 2. Those who have diabetes, hypoglycemia, high blood pressure, cardiovascular ailments or certain other medical conditions should not take Trikatu.
- 3. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not take this product.
Research articles on Trikatu :
Trikatu churna – action against intestinal worms (anthelminthic activity) – [http://www.ethnoleaflets.com/leaflets/trikatu.htm]
Anti bacterial effect of Trikatu churna – [http://www.arjournals.org/index.php/ijpm/article/view/139]
Liver protective activity of Trikatu churna – [http://www.ijpsonline.com/article.asp?issn=0250-474X;year=2004;volume=66;issue=3;spage=365;epage=367;aulast=Suresh;type=0]