“Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia)" is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used and advocated in Indian medicine for ages
In Sanskrit, Guduchi/Giloy is known as ‘Amrita’, which literally translates to ‘the root of immortality', because of its abundant medicinal properties. “The stem of Giloy is of maximum utility, but the root can also be used. Its benefits and uses have been approved by the FDA also.
Amruthvalli / Guduchi, is a tall climbing shrub which is known to possess a number of wonderful therapeutic values through its use. This medicinal herb is a health rejuvenator which is widely known for its affectivity in enhancing natural immunity to fight against a number of illnesses such as fever, jaundice, skin diseases, constipation, tuberculosis, and leprosy. It is a blood purifier and general debility enhancer.
Sanskrit -- Amruta
Hindi Name :Giloy, Guduchi
Bengali Name :Gulancha/palo,
Tamil Name :Shindilakodi
Kannada Name :Amrita balli.
Panjabi Name :gilo
Guduchi Bio energetics:
Rasa (Taste)- Tikta (Bitter); Kashaya (Astringent)
Guna (Characteristics)- Guru (Heavy); Snigdha (Unctuous)
Veerya (Potency)- Ushna (Warm)
Vipaka (Post digestion effect)- Madhura (Sweet)
Parts Used : Stem, leaves
Effect of Guduchi on Tridosha :
Pacifies all the three Doshas and maintain their balance with each other i.e. why it is said to be having Rasayana character; besides it find important place in the herbs useful in management of diseases having Tridoshic origin.when taken with Ghruta (Indian clarified butter) it balances Vata, with Guda (Jaggery) Pitta and with honey the Kapha.
Actions of Guduchi according to Ayurveda:
- Vaya sthapana- Guduchi increases longevity
- Daha prashamana- Guduchi alleviates burning sensation
- Trishna nigrahana- Guduchi alleviates excessive thirst
- Stanya shodhana- Guduchi purifies the breast milk
- Triptighna- Guduchi alleviates anorexia making a person to feel hungry
- Rasayani- Rejuvenator
- Samgrahini- Means it has the tendency to absorb the liquid content from the Malas (Gastric waste) giving it normal consistency
- Balya- Guduchi increases strength
- Agni deepani- Guduchi ignites digestive fire
- Valee palita nashini- Guduchi delays the signs of aging
- Medhya- Enhances grasping power, memory and recollection ability.
Guduchi/Giloy Medicinal Uses - Continue >>>>